THE PURPOSES of THE FRIENDS OF BACK CREEK INCORPORATED are:
1. To preserve and enhance the attractiveness of Back Creek and surrounding parkland in the area south of Riversdale Road and north of Cornell Street
2. To improve the ecological condition of the creek.
3. To develop a flora and fauna inventory for the area
4. To establish a short and long-term management plan for the area
5. Work in partnership with the local council, Melbourne Water, Parks Victoria and other organisations that provide support and advice for community initiatives and friends groups
6. To use indigenous and other suitable plants to provide a habitat for native birdlife and fauna.
7. To develop community awareness and participation in care and management of the Back Creek.
8. Understand and promote the historical development and significance of the area